About This Wine
It’s the Champagne of proposals and weddings.
It’s the Champagne of great successes and festive celebrations. It’s the Champagne to pour when only the best will do. It’s a magic word in the world of sparkling wine. It is... Cristal.
Crafted by the Louis Roederer Champagne house, Cristal is made exclusively from grapes grown in Roederer’s Grand Cru vineyards, which are ranked among the top 5 to 10 percent in the entire Champagne region of France. Placed in the talented hands of winemaker Jean-Baptiste Lecaillon, those grapes — a mix of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay — are transformed into a wine that is fresh, aromatic, creamy and effervescent — truly the best of the best.
The 2005 vintage of Cristal is reminiscent of the classic 1998, possessing ultra-fine, persistent bubbles that tickle the nose and delight the tongue. Elegant, silky and soft, if ever there were a Champagne that could be described as seductive, the 2005 Cristal is it.
- Grape Composition:55% Pinot Noir and 45% Chardonnay
- Grape Source:Grand Cru Vineyards in France’s Champagne Region
- Aromas & Flavors:Yellow Peach, Apricot, Citrus, Minerals and Cream
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Vessels, Including Oak Casks, for 5 Years
- When to Drink:Now Through 2015
- Food Pairing Suggestionlobster, scallops, or caviar.
3 recipes match for this wine.