About This Wine
“Tal padre, tal figlio,” translates to, “like father, like son.”
The Bordeaux blend known as “Tal Padre,” produced by Donati Family Vineyard, honors Ron Donati and his son Matt, and comes from one of California’s under-the-radar American Viticultural Areas.
Paicines is located in the center of coastal California, about an hour from both San Jose and Monterey. Years after the early Mission vineyard plantings were abandoned, the Paicines region was rediscovered some four decades ago by winemaking giant Almaden. It’s now being reclaimed, this time as a high-end grape-growing region. Donati Family Vineyard is the only brand located in the Paicines AVA, although neighboring appellations are home to Calera Wine Company, Chalone Vineyard, Leal Vineyards and DeRose Vineyards.
Donati’s four-variety blend is like a taste of Bordeaux in Paicines. It’s a big, powerful, full-bodied wine that will grab your attention, delight your senses, and perhaps help you to remember the names Donati and Paicines.
About Red Blend
- Grape Composition:36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 36% Petit Verdot, 25% Merlot and 3% Malbec
- Grape Source:Paicines AVA of California
- Aromas & Flavors:Cedar, Vanilla, Espresso, Black Cherry and Cassis
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2017
- Food Pairing Suggestiona burger with grilled onions, or beef barley soup.
Pork Tenderloin With Tart Cherry Port And Caraway Sauce This delicious recipe from Sonoma County's J. Fritz Winery matches beautifully with almost any red wine. It makes 4 to 6 servings. Get The Recipe