About This Wine
You might call this bottling of Italian Nebbiolo a “Baby Barbaresco.”
It hails from the Barbaresco district of Italy’s Piedmont region, and is crafted from some of the region’s younger vines — meaning the wine is less intense than one would expect from a classic Barbaresco. That’s not a fault; it’s a style choice — and a food-friendly one, at that.
Produttori del Barbaresco is a cooperative of local growers, formed in 1958 by a priest who saw the venture as a means of improving the livelihoods of many families. Today, the cooperative is among the most successful in Italy, and its vintners craft three bottlings of Nebbiolo: this delightful featured selection, a “standard” Barbaresco and a Barbaresco Riserva.
Elegant and lively, the 2007 Produttori del Barbaresco Nebbiolo pairs perfectly with grilled lamb, but it’s perhaps most appropriately served with a plate of pasta topped with rich meat sauce. Some of the best things in life are simple.
- Grape Composition:100% Nebbiolo
- Grape Source:Barbaresco District of Italy’s Piedmont Region
- Aromas & Flavors:Black Cherry, Earth, Rose Petals, Leather and Assorted Berries
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2015
- Food Pairing Suggestiongrilled lamb, or pasta with a meat sauce.