About This Wine
When drinking this wine, an image of Dorothy from “The Wizard of Oz” comes to mind.
Why? Because it was Dorothy who most famously noted, “There’s no place like home.” And that observation definitely applies to the Montepulciano winegrape.
There is plenty of Montepulciano grown in southern Italy. There even are a good number of Australian winemakers who are experimenting with the variety... with varied success. But for the true expression of Montepulciano, one must go to the home of the Tor del Colle winery: the mountainous region of Abruzzo on the Adriatic coast of central Italy.
To clear up any possible confusion, this wine is in no way related to the one known as Vino Nobile de Montepulciano. That wine actually is made from Sangiovese grapes planted around the town of Montepulciano in Tuscany. This wine is “real” Montepulciano — fruit forward, plush, chewy and food friendly. It’s a delicious taste of “home.”
About Red Blend
- Grape Composition:100% Montepulciano
- Grape Source:Abruzzo Region of Central Italy
- Aromas & Flavors:Blackberry, Black Cherry, Licorice, Mild Plum and Assorted Spices
- When to Drink:Now Through 2013
- Food Pairing Suggestionbeef roast, game dishes, Italian cuisine, or sharp cheeses.