About This Wine
During the 1930s, Irv Bliss made a successful bid on a piece of land in California’s Mendocino County.
Today, third-generation of Bliss family farmers honor Irv’s love for the land by making the finest wines possible under the Bliss Vineyards label. Winegrapes with abundant richness are grown in the vineyards on the property, enabling the family to craft rich, fruit-forward wines.
The latest Bliss Vineyards Zinfandel comes from the 2008 harvest season, during which the family sourced grapes from the estate vineyard as well as other esteemed Zin growers around the state. It shows lush fruit on the nose, and the mouth is full of red fruit flavors with just a touch of oak.
“This wine is versatile enough to pair with everything from spicy ethnic foods to your favorite barbecue,” a family spokesman tells us. “It’s perfect with Szechuan chicken or baby back ribs — or even for enjoying a glass on its own.”
California's own grape variety. Red Zinfandel (not to be confused with "white" Zinfandel) can produce full-bodied wines packed with ripe berry fruit and smooth tannins. Flavors of blackberries and spicy pepper.
- Grape Composition:100% Zinfandel
- Grape Source:Select Vineyards in Various California Growing Regions
- Aromas & Flavors:Ripe Red Cherry, Smoke, Meat, Bacon, Raspberry, Spice and a Hint of Vanilla
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2013
- Food Pairing Suggestionbaby back ribs, or spicy ethnic fare.