About This Wine
There are wines of a region... and there are wines of a place.
This is a wine of a place — a special place in the Mendoza growing region of Argentina. About 60 miles south of the city of Mendoza, you’ll find the high-elevation vineyards of the Uco Valley. Within the Uco Valley, you’ll find the Tupungato district, known for its wine-friendly terroir.
Within Tupungato, you’ll find the micro-region of Gualtallary, a cool area that’s ideal for growing Cabernet Franc grapes. And in Gualtallary, you’ll find Doña Paula’s pristine Alluvia Vineyard, the source of this featured Cab Franc from the 2008 growing season.
Alluvia is Doña Paula’s highest-elevation vineyard (4,430 feet above sea level), and the calcareous, sandy, rocky soils produce Cabernet Franc grapes that are deep in color and concentrated in flavor. Doña Paula’s talented winemaking team transforms those grapes into a full-bodied wine that’s packed with flavor — a delicious snapshot of a special place.
About Cabernet Franc
Lighter, less tannic wine with more fruit than Cabernet Sauvignon, with which it is often blended. Flavors of teas leaves, blackcurrant, strawberry and chocolate.
- Grape Composition:100% Cabernet Franc
- Grape Source:Alluvia Vineyard in Mendoza, Argentina
- Aromas & Flavors:Black Cherry, Cassis, Blackberry, Herbs, Leather, Assorted Spices & Tobacco
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2016
- Food Pairing Suggestionchicken Marsala, or beef stew.