About This Wine
Have you ever wished for a glass of Chardonnay that wasn’t so oaky?
Your wish has come true, courtesy of John Larchet, proprietor of The Wishing Tree, a small winery in Western Australia. Larchet is a man who knows a thing or two about making wishes.
“The name of the winery comes from my childhood,” he explains. “I, along with my two sisters and older brother, would run around our local park under the watchful eyes of our parents. When we’d exhausted ourselves, we’d gather under a beautiful old oak tree. To gain a few minutes of peace, our parents told us if we made a wish under this tree, it would come true. To us, that tree became the wishing tree.”
While it may be ironic that an oak tree ultimately became the symbol of an “Unoaked” Chardonnay, there’s no questioning the quality of Larchet’s wine. And there’s no mistaking its fruit-forward, oak-free, delicious flavor.
Relatively easy to grow in a variety of locations. Consistently produces some of the world's great white wines. Complex, full, rich and fruity with soft edges and moderate acidity. Offers rich and intense fruit flavors of apple, fig, melon, pear, peach, pineapple, along with creamy yeast spice, honey, butter and hazelnut flavors.
- Grape Composition:100% Chardonnay
- Grape Source:Select Vineyards Near Margaret River, Australia
- Aromas & Flavors:Lemon Zest, Green Apple, Star Fruit, Melon, Peach and a Hint of Tarragon
- Aging Vessels:Stainless Steel Tanks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2012
- Food Pairing SuggestionRotisserie chicken, or halibut.