About This Wine
“Envero Gran Reserva” is a wine crafted with care from vineyard to bottle.
Apaltagua’s vineyard, located in the Apalta area of Chile’s Colchagua Valley, is carefully tended with respect for the natural surroundings. It’s a place possessing the perfect conditions for winegrape growing.
The Colchagua Valley has a Mediterranean-style climate with a cold, rainy winter and a warm, dry summer. Marked temperature differences between day and night enable winegrapes to develop at an ideal pace — not too fast, and not too slow. Of course, healthy, fully ripened grapes are the key ingredient in flavorful, top-quality wines.
Apaltagua’s “Envero Gran Reserva” is a delicious blend of Carmenere — which has emerged as Chile’s signature red variety — and Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s defined by its berry flavors, and heightened by tobacco and oak accents. When a winery is in control of the grapes from the vineyard all the way to bottling, delightful things can happen in the wine glass.
Carmenère has a depth of color and flavor that can range from herbal to gamy and add complexity and interest to blends.
- Grape Composition:90% Carmenere and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Grape Source:Estate Vineyard in Apalta Area of Chile’s Colchagua Valley
- Aromas & Flavors:Raspberry, Blueberry, Tobacco and a Subtle Note of Oak
- Aging Vessels:Oak Barrels for 8-12 Months, Then in Bottle for 6 Months
- When to Drink:Now Through 2015
- Food Pairing Suggestionsmoked meats, or not-too-spicy chili.
Starts out charred and hot, but then come the varietal spice, olive, herb and black fruit aromas. It’s layered, tight and tannic on the palate, with spicy berry, herb and olive flavors. Gets fuller, chunkier and riper with airing. Drink now through 2013. Best Buy.