About This Wine
Michael and Karen Hope had a dream.
After Michael left a career as a pharmacist to pursue his true passion — making wine — he and Karen set their sights on a very lofty goal: transforming and bringing new life to Australia’s venerable Rothbury Estate. With a great deal of investment and sweat equity, they achieved their goal, and the renamed Hope Estate is producing world-class wines on a regular basis.
One such wine is Verdelho, a variety that’s native to Portugal, and originally used in Australia’s Hunter Valley to make fortified wines (known Down Under as “stickies”). But at Hope Estate, Verdelho is crafted into a dry table wine with a fresh mouthfeel — the perfect companion to spicy Asian fare.
“We are dedicated to making great wines and creating a wonderful environment in which to try them,” Hope adds. But if you can’t get to Australia, drinking the 2009 Verdelho at home is the next-best thing.
- Grape Composition:100% Verdelho
- Grape Source:Hunter Valley Growing Region of Australia
- Aromas & Flavors:Guava, Papaya and Assorted Baking Spices
- Aging Vessels:Stainless Steel Tanks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2014
- Food Pairing Suggestionspicy Asian fare, or seafood.