About This Wine
Martin Tosolini knows that great wine requires more than great grapes.
“When defining our terroir,” says the winemaker for Ikella, “we not only refer to the dry soil, radiant sunshine, cool nights and pure water from the Andes, but also to the attitude of the people working in the vineyards. Each of them represents the communion of human effort with nature — that is our terroir.”
Ikella is made at Melipal Vina & Bodega. The Melipal estate is located in Agrelo, part of the Lujan de Cuyo growing area of Argentina. In recent years, Agrelo has earned a reputation for producing expressive wines of exceptional quality — wines that hold their own next to those of the world’s longer established winegrowing regions.
The 2009 Ikella Cabernet Sauvignon is a big, bold wine that really struts its stuff when accompanied by a slice of slow-cooked roast beef — a marriage not unlike the union of great grapes and passionate vineyard workers.
About Cabernet Sauvignon
Deep color and richness with the potential to age a long time, and better still if aged in oak before bottling. Classic flavors blackcurrant, plum, cherry and spice. The most popular varietal of red wine in America.
- Grape Composition:100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Grape Source:Agrelo Region in Lujan de Cuyo, Argentina
- Aromas & Flavors:Black Cherry, Eucalyptus, Cassis and a Hint of Cedar
- Aging Vessels:Stainless Steel Tanks and Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2015
- Food Pairing Suggestiongrilled meats, or a slow-cooked beef roast.