About This Wine
It was a common practice in France, but virtually unheard of in the United States.
“It” was the concept of the negociant winery, which blends, ages and bottles a unique brand from its own managed and selected outsourced vineyards. The year was 1978, and San Francisco entrepreneur Kevin Shannon decided to found Mountain View Vintners on the negociant model.
In the ensuing years, Shannon has forged relationships with many of the top grape growers in the Golden State, including the owners of the acclaimed Clockspring Vineyard, which is situated in Amador County’s bucolic Shenandoah Valley. Knowing that outstanding grapes are only part of the quality-wine equation, he also employs the talented Philip Zorn as consulting winemaker.
Little wonder, then, that Mountain View’s 2009 Clockspring Vineyard Zin is such a beautifully balanced and flavorful wine. It’s the product of a generations-old practice, expertly executed by a talented vintner who knows what to do with top-quality winegrapes.
California's own grape variety. Red Zinfandel (not to be confused with "white" Zinfandel) can produce full-bodied wines packed with ripe berry fruit and smooth tannins. Flavors of blackberries and spicy pepper.
- Grape Composition:100% Zinfandel
- Grape Source:Clockspring Vineyard in Shenandoah Valley of Amador County, California
- Aromas & Flavors:Red Cherry, Strawberry, Raspberry and Pepper
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2014
- Food Pairing Suggestionpepperoni pizza, or a pepper steak.