About This Wine
Tom Myers is one of the most highly respected winemakers in California.
Myers began his career at Estrella River Winery, which was the largest estate in the Paso Robles area for many years. Then in 1990, after meeting Niels Udsen, he made the move to Castoro Cellars, where he has been crafting award-winning wines ever since.
Just as an artist leaves a signature, Myers seeks to exhibit a distinct fingerprint in his wines. “There is a certain clarity in my wines,” he explains. “I like to emphasize the fruit characters without overdoing the oak. We produce honest wines that are an honest value.”
The 2010 Castoro Cellars Muscat Canelli is a good example. “Muscat Canelli is a grape where the fresh fruit aromas are just as intense and flowery in the wine as in the fruit,” Myers says. And this floral, fruitful wine also is enticingly sweet — perfect as a warm-weather aperitif.
- Grape Composition:100% Muscat Canelli
- Grape Source:Stone’s Throw & Dos Viñas Vineyards in Paso Robles
- Aromas & Flavors:Orange Blossom, Golden Raisin, Grapefruit, Citrus, Orange, Peach, Apricot, Pear & Nuts
- When to Drink:Now Through 2014
- Food Pairing Suggestionspicy fare, or fruit desserts.