About This Wine
“Italia” may be the perfect wine to enjoy with the foods of summer.
Crafted by Claudio Manera and Lelia Burdese at the Adria Vini cooperative in the Piedmont region of Italy, the wine is made from the Montepulciano grape. The variety is noted for its soft tannins, which is why it can be enjoyed in its youth and matches so well with food.
What kind of food? Manera and Burdese highly recommend grilled and barbecued meats — the kind of fare featured at a summertime backyard barbecue. One member of our tasting panel suggests a simple grilled hamburger. Another plans to serve it alongside pasta topped with a rich meat sauce. Pizza would make yet another sublime pairing partner.
Regardless of the fare selected, we suggest chilling the wine for about 20 minutes prior to serving, especially if it’s a hot day. This will help focus the fruit flavors for an unforgettable summertime culinary experience.
About Red Blend
- Grape Composition:100% Montepulciano
- Grape Source:Abruzzo Growing Region of East-Central Italy
- Aromas & Flavors:Juniper, Licorice, Cedar, Cherry, Plum, Pepper, Smoke and Meat
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2014
- Food Pairing Suggestiona grilled burger, or pepperoni pizza.
Pork Tenderloin With Tart Cherry Port And Caraway Sauce This delicious recipe from Sonoma County's J. Fritz Winery matches beautifully with almost any red wine. It makes 4 to 6 servings. Get The Recipe