About This Wine
Vina La Playa includes the words “Green Practices” on its bottle labels.
And it takes those words seriously — enough to have obtained ISO 14000 status for its vineyards. ISO 14000 is a globally recognized quality environmental management program that focuses on a winery’s environmental footprint, and helps it continually reduce its environmental impact. It is a rigorous affiliation that requires three years to complete, then is constantly monitored thereafter.
The winery encompasses 600 acres of prime property in Chile’s Colchagua Valley, along with 200 acres in Limari Valley and additional plantings in Curico Valley, Bio-Bio and Maule Valley. All of the vineyards are farmed using sustainable practices.
The 2010 La Playa “Claret” Block Selection bottling was crafted from four traditional Bordeaux varieties grown in specially selected blocks of the Colchagua Valley vineyard. It’s a well-balanced, full-bodied wine that’s simultaneously palate pleasing and gentle on the environment, and it will make your wine-loving friends “green” with envy.
About Bordeaux Blend
A Bordeaux Blend is a blended red wine with six varities: Cabernet, Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Malbec and Carmenere.
- Grape Composition:41% Petit Verdot, 37% Cabernet Sauvignon, 18% Cabernet Franc and 4% Carmenere
- Grape Source:Colchagua Valley, Chile
- Aromas & Flavors:Smoke, Tobacco, Menthol, Cherry, Cassis and Blackberry
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels for 8 Months
- When to Drink:Now Through 2018
- Food Pairing Suggestiondry-aged grilled beef, or beef stew.