About This Wine
The Mirassous have been growing grapes and crafting wines in the hills of California since 1854.
That makes them America's oldest winemaking family. The 2004 harvest marked an unprecedented 150 years of family winemaking. That year also brought a bright new approach, with a new line of uniquely expressive wines that honors the family’s rich traditions.
As a sixth-generation member of the Mirassou wine dynasty, David Mirassou is, by definition, a man who knows his wine. Growing up in a family of winemakers, he is attuned to all things wine and food related. And that’s why all of the wines in the new Mirassou line are so food-friendly.
The 2010 Mirassou California Merlot was sourced from several of the state's top winegrowing regions, including Sonoma and the Central Coast. The fruit was sourced from select vineyards to take advantage of the different fruit characteristics each region produces, thus enhancing the wine’s complexity.
Similar to Cabernet Sauvignon but with less tannin and fruit. Delivers earlier maturing wines. Often blended with Cabernet; on its own may soften with age, though fruit flavors may fade.
- Grape Composition:Merlot, Along With Some Syrah and Zinfandel
- Grape Source:Select Vineyards in Various California Growing Regions
- Aromas & Flavors:Black Cherry, Blackberry, Vanilla, Toasty Oak & Spice
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2014
- Food Pairing Suggestionpot roast with root vegetables.