About This Wine
Doug and Nancy Beckett were school teachers looking for a better life.
So, in 1982, they moved to Paso Robles, Calif., with their sons, Joshua and Jacob. Little did they know that six years later they would be living a very different kind of lifestyle.
A load of Zinfandel grapes from Benito Dusi's vineyard produced only a couple hundred cases of wine, but Peachy Canyon’s premiere release established the label's reputation for premium red wines. Today, the winery sources grapes from more than 20 growers in the Paso Robles AVA and 100 acres of their own vineyards.
Peachy Canyon is still headed by Doug and Nancy, as well as their boys. After years away, both Josh and Jake returned to Paso Robles to work for the family business, Josh as winemaker since 2003. Combining experiences with different vintners and regions, he keeps an open mind in order to create the most exciting wines possible.
California's own grape variety. Red Zinfandel (not to be confused with "white" Zinfandel) can produce full-bodied wines packed with ripe berry fruit and smooth tannins. Flavors of blackberries and spicy pepper.
- Grape Composition:100% Zinfandel
- Grape Source:Paso Robles Area of California’s Central Coast
- Aromas & Flavors:Strawberry, Cherry, Vanilla, Mocha, Raspberry and Spice
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2015
- Food Pairing Suggestionpepperoni pizza, or lasagna.