About This Wine
Cabernet Sauvignon bottlings and blends are among the most prized wines produced in California.
The 2011 Cabernet from 3 Muses Cellars falls into the latter category. The 3 Muses vintner begins with a base of Cabernet fruit, then tames the tannins by blending in a number of other red varieties. The result is a cuvee that’s smooth and supple — much like Merlot — yet retains the body and personality of Cabernet.
Cabernet Sauvignon has been referred to as the king of red wine grapes, and it’s easy to understand why. Whether made as a 100 percent varietal wine or blended, a la 3 Muse's 2011 bottling, it makes very expressive wines that can be enjoyed with hearty foods such as steaks or stews.
At the same time, well-made Cabs also make wonderful sipping wines — elixirs that can be savored with a good book, your favorite DVD, or a significant other. So pour a glass of 3 Muses Cab, and reward yourself.
About Cabernet Sauvignon
Deep color and richness with the potential to age a long time, and better still if aged in oak before bottling. Classic flavors blackcurrant, plum, cherry and spice. The most popular varietal of red wine in America.
- Grape Composition:Cabernet Sauvignon and Other Red Varieties
- Grape Source:Select Vineyards in Various California Growing Regions
- Aromas & Flavors:Cassis, Plum, Dark Berries & Dried Herbs
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels and Stainless Steel Tanks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2015
- Food Pairing Suggestiona grilled burger with cheddar cheese, or a Philly cheesesteak sandwich.