About This Wine
No country embraces “wines of a place” more passionately than France.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and complex red cuvees from Bordeaux… Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from Burgundy… sparkling wine from Champagne… and let us not forget the sublime blends from southern France.
This blend from Espirit des Trois Pierres is made from the classic combination of selected Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre grapes, planted in vineyards of red pebble stones and clay/limestone soils of the Costieres de Nimes. It’s that unique terroir that provides the wine with the “garrigue” and spice flavors so typical of the region.
The appellation is situated where the Languedoc meets the Rhone, yet is quite distinct because of those red pebbles. It’s known for producing red wines that are rich like those from the Rhone, yet also fruitful like those from the Languedoc — the best of both “wine worlds” that call southern France home.
About Rhone Red
- Grape Composition:Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre
- Grape Source:Costieres des Nimes, France
- Aromas & Flavors:Juicy Strawberry, Red Cherry, Spice, Pepper, and Hints of Caramel and Toast
- When to Drink:Now Through 2018
- Food Pairing Suggestiona charcuterie plate, or roasted chicken or turkey.
8 recipes match for this wine.