About This Wine
The white wine most often identified with Argentina is Torrontes.
That’s because it’s grown in Argentina almost exclusively, and possesses incomparable flavor, typically enjoyed in a lightly sweet style. Now found in all winemaking regions of the country — from Salta to Rio Negro — it truly can be considered an Argentina wine icon.
Because most of the country’s vineyards are planted far from the cities and their pollution, and grow on young, scarcely tilled soils, the grapes are reliably intense in aroma and flavor. Each variety is able to strut its stuff, and among white varieties, Torrontes has emerged as the “strutting star.”
Medrano’s 2015 “Estate” Torrontes is round on the palate with a touch of sweetness, and finishes long and fresh. It’s perfect as a refreshing start to a meal, or paired with delicate flavors such as fish and shellfish. Indian, Chinese and Thai cuisine also match nicely with this iconic wine.
- Grape Composition:100% Torrontes
- Grape Source:Mendoza Growing Region of Argentina
- Aromas & Flavors:Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Pear, Melon Rind, Kumquat and a Kiss of Peach
- When to Drink:Now Through 2018
- Food Pairing SuggestionThai shrimp green-curry made with unsweetened coconut milk.
7 recipes match for this wine.