About This Wine
Jose Pablo Martin is a winemaker who believes in balance.
As the vintner for Chile’s Tierra del Sol, he seeks to craft wines that delight the senses with an array of aromas and flavors, but always with an emphasis on the fruit flavors of the grapes.
For Tierra del Sol’s 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon “Reserva,” that meant being very selective and strategic in the barrel-aging regimen. “We used 25% new oak, 25% second use, 25% third use and 25% fourth use,” Martin says. French barrels from various forests and coopers and with various toast levels represented 85% of the cooperage, while the remaining 15% consisted of American oak barrels.
Martin also had to decide how much time his special Cabernet Sauvignon would spend in those barrels, and he ultimately selected 10 months. The finished wine is both elegant and complex, and also achieves Martin’s ultimate goal for Tierra del Sol selections: balance.
About Cabernet Sauvignon
Deep color and richness with the potential to age a long time, and better still if aged in oak before bottling. Classic flavors blackcurrant, plum, cherry and spice. The most popular varietal of red wine in America.
- Grape Composition:100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Grape Source:Chile’s Limari Valley
- Aromas & Flavors:Blackberry, Red Cherry, Blueberry, Toasted Oak, Dark Chocolate and Toffee
- Aging Vessels:85% French Oak Barrels and 15% American Oak Barrels for 10 Months
- When to Drink:Now Through 2019
- Food Pairing Suggestionchar-grilled beef tenderloin with Chimichurri.
15 recipes match for this wine.
Pork Tenderloin With Tart Cherry Port And Caraway Sauce This delicious recipe from Sonoma County's J. Fritz Winery matches beautifully with almost any red wine. It makes 4 to 6 servings. Get The RecipeCabernet Sauvignon Ice Cream Our friends at Alexander Valley Vineyards came up with this wonderful recipe a few years ago. We've tried it with Cabernet Sauvignon as the recipe calls for, as well as Merlot, Primitivo, Cabernet Franc and Zinfandel... and every time, it turns out delicious! It's best made with an ice cream maker, and if you have such a machine, it's extremely easy to assemble. Enjoy! Get The Recipe
Stuffed Flank Steak With Sonoma Sausage Spinach And Pine Nuts Cabernet Sauvignon calls for hearty food, and this recipe is an ideal match. It serves 6... Get The Recipe