About This Wine
There is no more legendary name in the world of Port wines than Graham’s.
The estate’s wines come primarily from its own Quinta dos Malvedos, Quinta do Tua and Quinta das Lages in Portugal’s Rio Torto. Two others quintas, privately owned by a member of the Symington family — Quinta da Vila Velha and Quinta do Vale de Malhadas — also supply Graham’s with top-quality grapes.
All five Quintas are among the best in Portugal’s upper Douro Valley. Graham’s also buys grapes from selected farmers in top growing districts. Some of these farmers have been selling their grapes to Graham’s for generations, providing a dependable quality link.
“Six Grapes Reserve” is one of Graham’s original blends. The distinctive depiction of grapes on the label has always been used on the barrels to identify the “Six Grapes” cuvee. Only grapes from top vineyards are used, making “Six Grapes” a true expression of Graham’s house style of richness and complexity.
Port is a sweet red wine with about 20% alcohol, low acidity and tannin. It should have a rich spicy flavor and in spite of its 20% alcohol, taste very smooth.
- Grape Composition:A Blend of Traditional, Indigenous Port Varieties
- Grape Source:Oporto, Portugal
- Aromas & Flavors:Plum, Cherry, Boysenberry, Sweet Tobacco & Spice
- Aging Vessels:Seasoned Oak Casks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2018
- Food Pairing Suggestionchocolate desserts, or strong cheeses.