About This Wine
There is no more legendary name in the world of Port wines than Graham’s.
The estate’s wines come primarily from its own Quinta dos Malvedos, Quinta do Tua and Quinta das Lages in Portugal’s Rio Torto. Two others quintas, privately owned by a member of the Symington family — Quinta da Vila Velha and Quinta do Vale de Malhadas — also supply Graham’s with top-quality grapes.
All five Quintas are among the best in Portugal’s upper Douro Valley. Graham’s also buys grapes from selected farmers in the valley’s top growing districts. Some of these farmers have been selling their grapes to Graham’s for generations, providing a dependable quality link.
Graham’s 10 Years Old Tawny Port is made from wines matured in seasoned oak casks until their peak of maturity is attained. The winery strikes just the right balance between delicacy and elegance while retaining the fruit quality that lends this Tawny its structure and longevity.
Port is a sweet red wine with about 20% alcohol, low acidity and tannin. It should have a rich spicy flavor and in spite of its 20% alcohol, taste very smooth.
- Grape Composition:A Blend of Traditional, Indigenous Port Varieties
- Grape Source:Douro Valley, Portugal
- Aromas & Flavors:Honey, Fig, Roasted Nuts, Candied Fruit, Toffee, Spice, Caramel and Maple Syrup
- Aging Vessels:Seasoned Oak Casks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2022
- Food Pairing Suggestionapple pie sprinkled with cinnamon.