About This Wine
Many people “talk dry, but drink sweet.”
It’s human nature. Most of the world’s highest-rated wines are made in a dry style (think: Bordeaux, Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, etc.), and we like to associate ourselves with the best things in life. But when it comes to really enjoying wine, there are a great many of us who prefer to experience a little sweetness. The winemakers behind the “Totally Random” label totally get that.
So, in crafting the bottling known simply as “Sweet Red Wine,” they’ve embraced some of the most popular red wine varieties — Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot — and blended them with other varieties. Then, instead of burning off all the sugars during fermentation, they’ve retained just enough to give the cuvee some delightful sweetness.
The finished product is floral, fruit-forward, and fabulous with barbecued ribs or dark chocolate desserts. And, perhaps best of all, you don’t need to share it with your dry wine-drinking friends!
About Red Blend
- Grape Composition:38% Zinfandel, 34% Merlot, 21% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Petite Sirah & 2% Other Reds
- Grape Source:Select California Vineyards
- Aromas & Flavors:Flowers, Ripe Red Raspberry, Cranberry and Cocoa Powder
- Aging Vessels:Assorted Oak Barrels and Stainless Steel Tanks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2014
- Food Pairing Suggestionbarbecued ribs, or dark chocolate desserts.