About This Wine
Paul Maroon became interested in winemaking four decades ago.
That’s when he was a young man helping his uncle make wine in Pennsylvania. In the back of his mind, he always knew that California’s Napa Valley was the place he wanted to be. He visited as often as possible through the years and finally, in 2000, relocated to the valley.
He began his life as a vintner, and has been growing grapes and making fine wines ever since. He married his wife, Reneé, in September 2013, and about that time, the grapes that ultimately found their way into Maroon Wines’ “Black Label” Meritage were being harvested across the Napa Valley.
This is a Merlot-based blend that includes other varieties you’d find in a fine Bordeaux — Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec and Petit Verdot. Crafted for Maroon by Chris Corley, with only 1,026 cases made — this wine is a dream come true.
Red Meritage is made from a blend of two or more of the following varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot, and Carmenere.
- Grape Composition:74% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Franc, 4% Cabernet Sauvignon, 4% Malbec & 4% Petit Verdot
- Grape Source:Napa Valley, California
- Aromas & Flavors:Cherry, Cola, Cedar, Tobacco, Toast and Cocoa
- Aging Vessels:A Mix of French and American Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2020
- Food Pairing Suggestion:roasted prime rib.
3 recipes match for this wine.