About This Wine
Rollie Heitz grew up at his family’s winery in Napa Valley.
Heitz Cellars was and is known for its Cabernet Sauvignon, and Joe Heitz — Rollie’s father — became famous for his Martha’s Vineyard Cabernet, noted for its eucalyptus-kissed aroma.
Today, Rollie and Sally Heitz have their own small winery known as Midsummer Cellars, located at the base of the foothills north of Saint Helena, just off the Silverado Trail. “Within this small space we are able to produce true wines of distinction that we hope you will enjoy,” Rollie says.
The goal of Midsummer Cellars involves making small-lot, handcrafted wines that reflect the terroir and individuality of their vineyard sources. In the case of the 2015 Pinot Blanc, the vineyard is in Mendocino, and the wine offers plenty of pure drinking pleasure. Refreshing and fruitful, it pairs perfectly with seared scallops or can simply be sipped and savored as an aperitif.
About Pinot Blanc
Similar to Chardonnay in flavor, and texture, with light citrus and fruit notes. Can be intense and complex.
- Grape Composition:100% Pinot Blanc
- Grape Source:Mendocino, California
- Aromas & Flavors:Golden Apple, Melon, White Peach, Green Apple and Toasty Lees
- Aging Vessels:Stainless Steel Tanks and French Oak Barrels
- When to Drink:Now Through 2019
- Food Pairing Suggestion:seared scallops, or pork chops with apple sauce.
8 recipes match for this wine.