About This Wine
Sometimes one must leave home in order to find fame and fortune.
No, we’re not talking about the star drama student at the local high school. We speak of wine grapes. And just as Malbec had to depart its native France before earning worldwide respect in Argentina, Carmenere had to say “so long” to France before planting roots and gaining fame in Chile.
There, it is embraced like no other red grape variety. Not only has it become the most popular red in that South American country, but it makes wines that are revered the world over. A top purveyor of Chilean Carmenere is Kunza, whose name translates to “our.” As its owners like to say, “It’s our passion to share our wine with you.”
The 2016 Kunza “Reserve” Carmenere is a nicely balanced and flavorful wine with a long finish. Best of all, you don’t have to leave your home to enjoy it.
Carmenère has a depth of color and flavor that can range from herbal to gamy and add complexity and interest to blends.
- Grape Composition:100% Carmenere
- Grape Source:Maule Valley Growing Area of Chile’s Valle Central
- Aromas & Flavors:Blueberry, Black Plum, Raspberry, Pepper and a Hint of Blackberry
- When to Drink:Now Through 2023
- Food Pairing Suggestion:chili con carne.
4 recipes match for this wine.