About This Wine
The world feels like a better place when you have a “Cal-Ital” state of mind.
That’s the belief of Jane Portalupi and Tim Borges, who established their Portalupi label in 2002. How do they define that state of mind? It’s about embracing what you have, being happy, and being proud of who and what you are. In essence, every day is a celebration of life.
And what better way to celebrate life than with good food and great wine? One such wine produced by Portalupi is Barbera. The grapes for the wine are grown at Ann Kraemer’s Shake Ridge Ranch vineyard, which sits 1,650 to 1,800 feet above sea level, overlooking the town of Sutter Creek in California’s Sierra Foothills.
The vineyard has become widely known for producing grapes generating ever-changing layers of fruit, spice and herb notes that define Portalupi’s Old World style of Barbera — and the “Cal-Ital” state of mind.
Pleasing tart cherry flavor with high acidity. Grown across Italy, most notably in the Piedmont region.
- Grape Composition:100% Barbera
- Grape Source:Shake Ridge Ranch in Sierra Foothills Area of California
- Aromas & Flavors:Blackberry, Black Plum, Cherry, Cedar Plank, Black Fig, Licorice and Nutmeg
- Aging Vessels:Hungarian Oak Barrels (40% First Fill) for 16 Months
- When to Drink:Now Through 2022
- Food Pairing Suggestion:grilled blackberry balsamic and garlic flank steak.
4 recipes match for this wine.