About This Wine
Let’s raise a toast to the creative, fearless winemakers of Australia.
While the 2016 Verdelho from Vigo was grown in California’s Paso Robles wine region, it probably wouldn’t even be planted there were it not for Aussie vintners who were willing to take a chance during the 1990s. That’s when they started planting Verdelho in acreage that ultimately has made it among that country’s top white varieties, trailing only Chardonnay, Semillon, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc.
While it has been called “a test of grape growing and winemaking,” when the stars align it can produce a delicious wine that will improve for a long time both in the cellar and in a cool area of one’s house.
Verdelho has the rare characteristic of being both aromatic and full-bodied, and that’s certainly true of Vigo’s 2016 vintage. Lush on the palate with a perfect balance of sweetness and tart juices, it’s an ideal companion to spicy Indian cuisine.
- Grape Composition:100% Verdelho
- Grape Source:Paso Robles Growing Area of California’s Central Coast
- Aromas & Flavors:Guava, Mango, Apple and a Hint of Lime Peel
- Aging Vessels:Stainless Steel Tanks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2020
- Food Pairing Suggestion:Indian-style chicken with ginger and curry.
7 recipes match for this wine.