About This Wine
Verdelho is a grape variety that’s steeped in history.
It first gained fame hundreds of years ago on Madeira, an island off the coast of Africa, where it was appreciated not only for its rich, full flavor, but especially for its ability to improve dramatically during long sea voyages. However, it was sort of like being a great spy, because most people referred to it not by its varietal name, but rather as “madeira.”
The same was true in Australia, where it was planted in the Riverina region of southwestern New South Wales. The McWilliam family pioneered grape growing and winemaking in that area more than a hundred years ago, and today it’s the largest growing area of New South Wales.
The Riverina region provided the grapes for Dreamtime’s 2017 Verdelho, an aromatic wine that’s ready to make history again — on your dinner table, and perhaps with an Indian curry.
- Grape Composition:Verdelho
- Grape Source:Riverina Growing Region of Australia
- Aromas & Flavors:Lime, Tropical Fruit, Green Apple and Hints of White Peach and Melon
- Aging Vessels:Stainless Steel Tanks
- When to Drink:Now Through 2020
- Food Pairing Suggestion:an Indian curry.
7 recipes match for this wine.