About This Wine
The Schroeder family is largely responsible for putting Patagonia on the global wine map.
Patagonia, a region shared by Argentina and Chile, is situated at the far southern tip of South America. On the Argentina side, 33 miles from Neuquen City, Familia Schroeder has been upping the quality ante since its founding, making it impossible for wine critics to ignore the region.
In Patagonia, incomparable conditions converge to make possible the growing of a wide variety of grapes. Rocky ground, ice melt water, warm days and cool nights, frequent breezes and low humidity create perfect conditions for the vineyards. Endless blue skies and starry nights also make it a wonderful place to visit.
Familia Schroeder’s Saurus “Select” line reflects the authentic character of Patagonia. Carefully selected clusters of grapes marry flavor and elegance, and the passage of their juice through oak helps the wines— including the 2017 Malbec — achieve maximum expression and complexity.
A midseason ripener, it can bring very deep color, ample tannin, and a particular plum-like flavor component to add complexity to claret blends.
- Grape Composition:100% Malbec
- Grape Source:Patagonia Growing Area of Argentina
- Aromas & Flavors:Olallieberry, Blackberry, Plum, Peat Moss, Vanilla Bean, Cedar and Jammy Dark Berries
- Aging Vessels:60% Stainless Steel Tanks and 40% American and French Oak Barrels (First Fill)
- When to Drink:Now Through 2022
- Food Pairing Suggestion:Argentinian-style beef with chimichurri sauce.
8 recipes match for this wine.
Pork Tenderloin With Tart Cherry Port And Caraway Sauce This delicious recipe from Sonoma County's J. Fritz Winery matches beautifully with almost any red wine. It makes 4 to 6 servings. Get The Recipe